100 signatures reached
To: BBMP Commissioner, BH Anil Kumar
Prioritise protection against Coronavirus
1. Provide safety gear to Pourkarmikas in every ward
2. Provide sanitizer and hygiene kits to an individual from low-income strata including pourkarmikas rag pickers, daily wage workers and street vendors
3. Create programs to provide income and ration to low-income strata of society.
Why is this important?
Bengalureans rich, poor, daily labourers, street vendors, startups - everybody is fighting hard to prevent the spread of Corona Virus
But, our local government is busy doing selfish projects with an eye on the upcoming BBMP elections. They are using up the budget to do eyewash projects to win votes.
Here in Koramangala, good roads are being tarred again. I do not want cosmetic improvement to my road. I want BBMP to protect us and my working brothers & sisters against Corona Virus.
We demand that BBMP & corporators should focus on fighting the Corona Virus. BNP requests BBMP Commissioner & Bengaluru Corporators to confirm that you will do the following
1. Stop non-critical activities, ceremonies etc and focus on fighting Corona Virus.
2. 100% focus on our PM's priority-Virus education, prevention, income
This is the basic minimum. Hopefully, you will do this & do more.
Every true Indian, every party leader, Opposition leader, Prime minister, doctors, social workers are trying to prevent a Corona epidemic. Please show you care and do your duty to the citizens and the country.
ಕೋರಮಂಗಲದ ನಿವಾಸಿಗಳು / Koramangala Citizens
How it will be delivered
We, residents of Koramangala and residents of Bengaluru, our Diaspora in USA, UK and all over the world will hold a press conference, invite the BBMP commissioner & all corporators. We will personally hand over this petition to them.